General Manager Sales
Salary : 0-
Job Views: 81
General Manager Sales
General Manager Sales is responsible for all sales activities of the company and managing the sales
team. He / she needs to be organized & disciplined and have experience using sales management tools
(Routes, Beat Plans, Targets, sales cycle, supply chain). The person also needs to have the right
aptitude and attitude (strong character & personality) suitable to handle and supervise a sales team &
customers in the field where discipline is demanded.
Duties will include:
1. Data Analysis and Business Intelligence for data-based decision making.
2. Designing and planning the Commercial & Marketing strategy especially for the Aftermarket
3. Calculating the Commercial Budget based on projections and market potential, setting product
monthly sales (per part) and revenue targets for each member of the sales team.
4. Spotting market opportunities for new customers and open key accounts to exponentiate
the sales growth.
5. Leading the negotiation with the customers
6. Managing collections efficiently
7. Working on account management plans (customer visits, calls and support).
8. Defining and organizing the visit routes and PJP (Beat Plan (which is also referred as
‘Permanent Journey Plan’) is a day level route plan made for field sales/marketing personnel
to make visits to a number of stores at a pre-defined frequency. A Beat Plan defines whom to
visit, when to visit, based on company’s priorities for dealer stores by category/segment. These
visits can be made for the purpose of sales order, collection, visual merchandising, etc. Beat
Plans are planned in advance, mostly for a month, to ensure no deviation is there and each of
OEs and Dealers gets required visits from company representatives.)
9. Setting daily activity targets for each member of the sales team.
10. Tracking of the sales team to optimize productivity levels.
11. Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
12. Reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
13. Planning and execution of marketing activities to increment the sales.
14. Continual training and development of all members of the sales team.
15. Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process and successfully implement the
changes required. (Continuous Innovation).
16. Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
17. Methodically follow up on leads to transform into business clients.
18. Acting as a spokesperson for the organization at sales events, conferences, etc.
19. Analyzing the product range to identify new product development opportunities.
20. Benchmarking the products to define and maintain the positioning in the market.
21. Keeping marketing and commercial tools up to date (Product Catalogue, digital tools, etc)
22. All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department
The General Manager Sales needs to hire, mentor, coach and manage additional Sales
· +5 years of experience successfully managing sales teams ideally in the automotive
aftersales market or in similar industry.
· Knowledge of the specific market and potential clients on hand would be an advantage.
· Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
· Result oriented, comfortable working with sales targets and variable salary.
· Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
· Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
· Aptitude and attitude (Strong character & personality) suitable to handle and supervise a
sales team & customers in the field where discipline is demanded.
· Experience managing a regional sales team.
· Knowledge of salesforce automation and CRM tools.
· Organized & Disciplined with experience using sales management tools (Routes, Beat Plans,
Targets, sales cycle, supply chain).
· Trade Marketing knowledge and experience.
· Data Analysis (BI) skills and reporting KPI to management.
Recruiter: Neha 01
Created Date: 05-05-2018
Industry: Industrial Instrument
Salary Range: 0-